Depew Street Diaries

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Triple

In an effort to keep Jen's postings under control, I thought I'd post on the blog instead. I said I'd send an email update anyway, and now I don't have too. :-P

Best year ever for the Triple. I didn't think it would be as I didn't really train as much as I would have liked. Or worded differently, June sort of fell apart and got really busy for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the rest did me good. ?!?

Some stats:
8:23 ride time
9:58 total time (including rest stops)
118 miles
10,300+ feet of climbing
14.0 mph average
52-91 temperature range, but no rain--a first
And my favorite stat... 6,850 calories burned.

Previous best was in 2000. Last year I missed it remember, but in 2005 I had a ride time of 9:38 but that included riding with Missy (instead of solo this year) and also some cold rainy descents.

I did a nice an easy recovery ride yesterday (about 22 miles) which brings my year to date total to 2,275. (That 3,612 total on the new bike already which celebrates it's first birthday--first ride--on 7/29. I just now realized that date is dangerously close to Kim's due date of the 28th.) Anyway, last year was the first year I broke 3,000 in a given year--always the goal. Seems like I'm well ahead of schedule this year... especially if you remember that I couldn't ride in January or February due to the blizzard.

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for the update and posting.
Always fun to see the stats. I'm hoping to break 30 miles on my bike this year.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kim Q said...

I wish I would bike more. Actually, I wish I had a bike.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home