Camping Trip
No pictures to go with this, but after a full weekend of camping and activities, I'm not sure I would post pictures of us anyway!! Kendall and I went to the YMCA camp in Estes Park for a Girl Scout camp weekend. Not officially camping as we did stay in lodges, but there was plenty of hiking, hayrides, and cookouts to call it camping.
It was completely exhausting, and I've never packed so many activities into a weekend in my life, but the girls seemed to enjoy it. We saw lots of deer and elk, and learned that the roasting forks for hot dogs do not work on veggie burgers (but we sure appreciated them making sure we had something to eat).
The lodge had two bunk beds and a queen bed, and Kendall absolutely couldn't wait to sleep on the bunk bed, she talked about it for days before we left and the whole way up. The second night it was finally her turn. So up she went, all excited, and got set up with her buddies and blankets. Then the lights went out. She lasted not quite 4 minutes up there before she got freaked out and wanted to sleep with me. She asked if once she fell asleep I would carry her up there, which of course never happened. So once she woke up in the morning she went back up for a bit. Kendall could also tell you about the midnight fire alarm on the last night, where she "cried her neck off". She did seriously flip out, and wanted to leave.
Highlights of the trip were Kendall practicing roller skating and learning how to do the Y-M-C-A song and dance on skates, seeing the girls have fun swimming, and Kedall's face when she realized that horses could poop while they were walking. But we confirmed that we are definitely not camping kind of people, and were thrilled to get back home.

1 Comments:
I'm kind of glad you didn't post pictures. The way you described everything, I'm very much enjoying the images in my head. Glad you could experience the great outdoors.
Post a Comment
<< Home